Past, Current, and Future
In keeping with MainStreet's basic mission, our PROMOTION programs are designed to introduce Recommended works into America's Colleges and Regional Communities. We maintain the hope that some individual or organization will "pick them up" and move them forward towards local production.
Campus TableReads & Callbacks
- University theatre professors and their students may select a show from MainStreet's Library and develop it as a Campus TableRead. For logistical reasons some or all of the musical portions may be videorecorded prior to and played during the presentations. Students working with faculty supervision may select individual songs to videorecord and enter in MainStreet’s annual Campus Callbacks competition.
MainStreet Benefits & Special Events
- Local MainStreet Affiliates may prepare concert reading presentations of Recommended works as Benefits - fundraisers for local charities, public radio stations, theatre companies, university theatre programs, etc.
Directors’ Choice Awards
- Recommended Works are automatically entered in MainStreet's DIRECTORS' CHOICE AWARD (DCA) competition. A Jury of theater professionals determines six finalists and MainStreet's GUEST ARTISTIC DIRECTOR selects the Season's three winners.
- This program is a centrally coordinated network of independent local theater Festivals. Each Festival normally features readings of 3 DCA winners. MainStreet assists in launching these Festivals and supplies them with the new DCA recipients each Season. Festival presentations are mounted in "concert-reading" (minimal staging) format.
Boulevard Tours – MainStreet On-The-Road
- In the years to come, working with independent theatre producers, MainStreet will facilitate tours and co-productions of additional attractions: sneak previews of new shows, concerts, acts, and other events.